logo

Ask The Filmmaker

• From Jody Jenkins on Patron Saint of Creativity

Hi Michael. It’s Jody, Tilly Strauss’ brother-in-law. The film looks great! Good work. I can’t wait to see it. It looks really interesting and congratulations.

Sincerely,
    Jody

2014/12/30 at 2:49 am
    • From hildegard on Patron Saint of Creativity

Hi Jody,
      Thanks for the acknowledgement. I see that you are also working on a film.
      Make sure you follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/theunrulymystic

Best,
      Michael

2015/01/08 at 9:05 pm
  • From Nancy on Patron Saint of Creativity

I am interested in showing this documentary at my church in Los Angeles. I teach Mindfulness with an emphasis on self compassion to quiet the inner critic and open our hearts to G-d. My congregation is full of creatives!
    How do I access this work?

2014/12/29 at 5:40 pm
    • From Nancy DeNero on Patron Saint of Creativity

Forgive the long delay in response! I am ready to think this through with you now.
      Ours is a 100 year old church community in Los Angeles, close to Hollywood –hence our name, Mount Hollywood Congregational UCC.
      We are part of “emerging church movement”, who have sold our building, meet in rented space, and rewritten our bylaws to allow innovation and creativity.
      A showing of this documentary will help us establish ourselves as an “emerging church”!
      To whom will we show this film: we have 60 people in our congregation. In addition, We are aligned with other Progressive UCC churches that are 3-6 miles from us.
      And our church is in the heart of Los Feliz, a “village” attracting a community of eclectic people and families.
      Where? Our meeting place can hold 50 people indoors. My first hope is to show it to the congregation of Mount Hollywood and their invited friends. But I am willing to work with you to have it shown at one of the two neighborhood movie theaters.
      When?perhaps we could show it to our congregation later this summer, and with their enthusiasm behind it, do a wider showing somewhere in Los Feliz in late October.
      I will propose the project to leadership if you can support us by providing the film, and some publicity materials. One of our congregants is at the LATimes, and would invite someone from the press to attend.
      I look forward to a response ( hopefully quicker than mine!!!!!)
      Nancy

2015/05/11 at 8:01 pm
      • From hildegard on Patron Saint of Creativity

Hi Nancy,
        Thank you for your follow up. I understand that these things take time, and when the time is right they happen!

Since we last spoke, I have simplified the screening process for small groups like you have described and you can do that directly online.

For theater rentals, I would handle that task with the hope you would support the screening with your community among others. If you could find out what theaters would be interested, I would be happy to follow up with them directly and book a time that works for all of us.

Please use the following link to access the page with those details. I would also suggest looking at the calendar to see what other events might be occurring in October for the film.

Best,
        Michael

2015/05/11 at 8:13 pm
    • From hildegard on Patron Saint of Creativity

Thank you for your interest in screening The Unruly Mystic.

I would love to work with you on scheduling a screening at your Los Angeles church in 2015.

There are a couple options for this type of community screening event besides a DVD screener; materials to help market the event, talking points for a discussion afterwards, the opportunity to Skype with the filmmaker, and other folks in the film.

We are still working out the details of how best to present the film, and I was wondering if you could provide some more information on your church, the intended audience and a date when you would like to screen the film.

I look forward to hearing back.

Best,